Team permissions—Set custom user permissions to safeguard donor data. Mark certain volunteers as bookkeepers or set bookkeeping for nonprofits them up with time-tracking only accounts. With FastFund Payroll, you can also manage your organization’s payroll.
- To help you find the right accounting software for your organization, we researched 20 different accounting programs and evaluated them based on their features, cost, and usability.
- Create a new customer or job to track each funding source and to link billing sources to these “customers” and “jobs.”
- For organizations that want total remote access, Araize FastFund Accounting is our pick for the best cloud-based solution.
- Accounting software can help nonprofits track grants, meet strict reporting requirements, and manage their revenue and expenses.
I agree they will outgrow it in a short time but think of it as a bridge system. My first job in nonprofit operations was at a very small nonprofit (1-salaried staff, 5 AmeriCorps volunteers, and a bunch of community volunteers). When I joined the team, we had a bunch of excel sheets and a CPA on our board. After a month of that, we moved to Quicken, which we outgrew in the same fiscal year. We discovered that Quickbooks was better for us, and the learning curve wasn’t as steep as expected. Quicken is very much designed for personal finances, and we found that our CPA, attorney, board, and professional advisory board all wanted the reports from Quickbooks (they wanted P&Ls, Audits, etc.). The biggest feature of Quicken that I liked was the built-in budget, however, after moving out budget-making to Google Sheets, I never missed Quicken again.
Is QuickBooks good for nonprofits?
Time tracking—You and your team members can track your hours by launching our built-in time tracker. Financial Edge also integrates with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, the gold-standard program for donor management and fundraising, so you can make sure your organization’s efforts are cohesive.
- Nonprofits should collaborate with clients, employees, stakeholders and more effortlessly.
- Its top features include income and expense tracking, invoicing, estimations, reporting and inventory tracking.
- In addition, QuickBooks offers discounted products for nonprofits through TechSoup for both nonprofit and other editions of the software, a great deal for organizations with a tight budget.
- Besides basic reconciliation, look out for any such additional features.
CRM Track every step of your customer journey, manage leads, opportunities, pipelines. Expense Claims Manage spending and submit/reimburse expense claims efficiently. Are you a local small-town shop, a mid-sized warehouse near the city or a global enterprise with buildings in other countries? Size matters because there are solutions that cater to specific sizes as well as one-size-fits-all options. If you’re looking to expand your medium business into a national or worldwide company, you can invest in a scalable system that grows as you add more resources. If you’re downsizing or looking to remain a small business, small business programs exist.
Best Cloud-Based Solution
Sign up here to get the latest news, updates and special offers. Next, set up the mapping of the file column related to the QuickBooks field. Dancing Numbers template file does this automatically; you just need to download the Dancing Number Template file. We provide you support through different channels (Email/Chat/Phone) for your issues, doubts, and queries. We are always available to resolve your issues related to Sales, Technical Queries/Issues, and ON boarding questions in real-time. You can even get the benefits of anytime availability of Premium support for all your issues. However, if you are unable to follow the guidelines, the pricing, or the attributes, then you should reach out to a professional QuickBooks expert.
These reports make it easy to prove financial accountability to your board of directors and donors, track finances, and create budgets for your organization. For many, QuickBooks has become the gold standard for business accounting software. QuickBooks offers products for every business, from freelancers to larger enterprises. When choosing accounting software, consider the needs of your organization and the experience of the person who will be handling accounting for your organization.